I need a tape backup solution...

I am looking for a tape backup for a couple RedHat 6.2 file servers
that I will soon be building. Can someone suggest some
hardware/software combinations that would work for me??

I will most likely be buying some low end Compaq desktop PC's to do
the job (~400MHz Celeron). They will most likely have a single 6.4GB
IDE HDD and no SCSI equipment. These 'servers' will need to store a
bunch of files for about 5 Windows users at each location. Also, all
that can be expected from anyone on site is that someone could change
a tape each day. Nobody in the office will even log into these
machines. Samba will be used to map drives in Network Neighborhood.

I am needing something that is inexpensive more than anything else I
suppose. Unfotunately I will not necessarily be looking for the best
equipment to do get the job done. $$$ is most likely going to be the
biggest factor. For that reason I thought that an ATAPI 'TRAVAN'
drive may be a wise choice, but I have no experience with them.

I went to the RedHat hardware compatability list and couldn't find
any information on tape drives. I also went to www.linux.org to
search for some HOWTO's but didn't find anything usefel. Next I
stopped at www.linuxtapecert.org and found reference to a Tandberg
model NS20 and some HP Colorado 5GB and 8GB (??? HP model #'s).
Something like that may fit the bill. Does anyone have any experience
with those drives?? Do they perform reliably? Are they difficult to
install? If I had to get a SCSI card and go that route it could be
done.

Then what about software??? Would I need something like BRU? could
some scripts be written to use CPIO (something else I have not used
yet).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank-you,
Mike Glaser