Re: [TCLUG:18811] Debian PCMCIA net install

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 06:25:43PM -0500, Timothy Wilson wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Ben Lutgens wrote:
>
>> When you select install kernel modules it'll prompt you for the drivers floppy
>> You might just wanna get a NE2k compatible card or some such (pretty cheap).
>
>I thought I had to set up the PCMCIA stuff *before* the kernel modules if I
>want to do a network install.

hmmm, you kinda got me stumped. THe only time I had to use floppies was on a
server with scsi drives only.

You might have to install the bare minimum stuff (kernel and kernel build
essentials and pcmcia-cs package then pick and choose via dselect (apt method)
later on. smell smell, same same.

--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

"I thought Christmas only comes once a year..."
James Bond - The World Is Not Enough