Re: [TCLUG:18782] Dual monitor saga continues (XF86Config for Dual Matrox)

Quoting Tim Sandquist (tsandqui@yahoo.com):
> I've noticed this with other windowmanagers too.  It seems like E is the
> only wm that handles xinerama decently.  Hopefully the other windowmanagers
> will catch up soon.  WindowMaker works fairly well, but there are still
> some issues.  Plain multihead might work better for now.  It's not as
> cool but it might cause less irritation.

E is screwing up the more I play with it. :-(

Now I am getting ghost images of windows on screen0 on screen1, it looks like
large sized windows 'bleed' into screens (windows close to the edge).

So, anyone running dual heads, but not using xinerama?

It looks like if you run dual heads (non xinerama), then you have 2 copies of
everything running?

2 X servers, 2 WM, 2 xscreensavers, etc..? Is this right?

If this is the way it's support to work, then running Gnome on dual-heads is a
major memory sucker.

Anyone running like this?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700