RE: [TCLUG:18834] OpenLDAP

Actually, CN is commonname and usually represents the full name, e.g.

cn: Kevin Erickson
givenname: Kevin
sn: Erickson
jpegphoto: /tmp/myphoto.jpg

Outlook uses an attribute called "display-name" that it uses in preference
to "cn". For instance, cn at our site represents a userid instead of the
full name, so we populate display-name so that it looks nice in the Outlook
display.

If you turn on debugging on the ldap server and do a query from Outlook, you
can see all the fields that are requested. That might help you decide what
attributes to populate.

Kevin