Re: [TCLUG:18896] SCSI controllers

andrew nemchenko wrote:

> I have an ISA   Adaptec AHA-152X/AHA-1510 SCSI Host Adapter and a YAMAHA CRW6416S
> attached to it. Now when ever I installed Mandrake it tried to autoprobe during the installation but
> found nothing. But it also asked if I want to give it any parameters, I think that if I give it the
> right parameters it would find the card and I would get my CDRW working, but I have no Clue as
> to what they would be. Does anyone know? If you do Please try to be as specific as possible. I
> would really like to get this thing working.

I know it's not very user-friendly to look in the source file, but
that's where I got this:

 CONFIGURATION ARGUMENTS:

 IOPORT        base io address                           (0x340/0x140)
 IRQ           interrupt level                           (9-12; default
11)
 SCSI_ID       scsi id of controller                     (0-7; default
7)
 RECONNECT     allow targets to disconnect from the bus  (0/1; default 1
[on])
 PARITY        enable parity checking                    (0/1; default 1
[on])
 SYNCHRONOUS   enable synchronous transfers              (0/1; default 0
[off])
 (NOT WORKING YET)
 DELAY:        bus reset delay                           (default 100)
 EXT_TRANS:    enable extended translation               (0/1: default 0
[off])

so you would probably want to do is something like

	modprobe aha152x ioport=0x340 irq=11

using the correct io port and irq, of course..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   General Failure reading