Re: [TCLUG:15037] Station Wagon Full of Tapes

>Anyway, the issue there is not so much bandwidth as latency ...
        someone told me the story of when MRNet(?) moved from one building
to another; they basically bought a copy of their main machine; duplicated
the original on it; then moved the new machine (disks and all) across town
in a truck.
        someone actually caluculated the bandwidth and latency of that move;
and the figures were of course, suitably huge. :)

in my introductory networking class; we calculated the bandwidth of 3 CDs in
a fed-ex mailer. turns out it beats a T-1 line over a 24 hour period. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091