Re: [TCLUG:23208] System Backup & Restore Software

> 	Amanda (www.amanada.org) is probably
> 	more than you need, and I have not yet seen a GUI
> 	interface for it, but it might be worth a look anyway.

Amanda is probably a lot more than you need, actually. :) the problem is, I
don't know of any _small_ Open Source GUI backup tools. (I guess it's just
such an unglamourous thing that almost no one wants to touch it except for money).

I think Amanda makes sense for network backups; but for less than that, it's
probably overkill.

I saw a program go by Freshmeat the other day, that would allow one to
GUI-fy almost any command. you'd write a profile for the command, and the
tool would give you a GUI interface to the options. it sounds questionable,
but actually looked pretty good, based on the screenshots I saw. might be a
good tool for helping new users who are scared of the command line.

I don't remember the name of it, tho. :(

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises