Re: [TCLUG:23291] ThinkPad modem and sound

Are you familiar with the Linux on Laptops page
(http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/)?  If not, I've
found it to be a great resource.

There is a link on it to a page about the i1720,
http://www.superserve.com/~darylb/linux/thinkpad/thinkpad.html.  In my
brief perusal of the page, it looks like your modem is a winmodem.
You could check out the Linmodem project at http://www.linmodems.org
or you could buy a real hardware modem.

I didn't see anything about sound, but then again I didn't look real
hard.

Have fun.

Eric