winnt, perl, postgres and linux

Hi all, I have to accomplish the following ;

Use perl scripts on the WindowsNT machine (it uses the activeware perl port)
to update data on a postgres or mysql server running on a linux machine.

I donot have the Win32:ODBC packages installed for perl on the NT machines and
I am not sure I will be able to get it installed and then the DSN's configured
on each one of these NT machines.

So basically I need to be able to talk to the postgres/mysql server with a
plain perl module.  I downloaded a perl postgres module and to be able to
build it on NT I need to download the postgres source also which I would like
to avoid.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can go about achieving this with
the minimum of builds/installs/configurations.

I am open to using other databases on the linux server too if I can get it
done some other way.

One possible approach I am exploring is to have a perl program listen on some
socket on the linux server and then the client on the NT machine can send data
to this socket for the linux server to store it to the database. But that is
work and I am not too keen on doing it !

thanks,
sandipan