Vanilla List Maling List Archive

RE: [VANILLA-LIST:2286] Erik Rungi's ntserv/socket.c modifications

Dave Ahn wrote:
> The next round of TedTurner clients will enable the USE_PORTSWAP
> code as a runtime option.  I'd recommend COW be updated similarly.
> But note that you shouldn't just #define USE_PORTSWAP on the client
> side blindly, because it will break UDP connections to 2.9pl2 servers
> or earlier.

Ok, I tried compiling Netrek:1999 with USE_PORTSWAP defined.  This enabled
the code in socket.c, and to confirm I put some debug statements in
indicating it was trying to use the code.

But I'm able to connect to just about every server.  I connected to
mit.netrek.org which used 2.9pl2, and so on.  I thought it was supposed to
break? :)

Well, next I'll need to try it on the other side of a firewall to see if it
actually is or is not working.

Steve