Ascend Archive

(ASCEND) Ascend AAC with DBM? pseudo-users for Banners?

We currently run the old free Ascend RADIUS server that came with our
Maxes, and we use the DBM variant for accessing a DBM-ized user
file. We're now deploying hardware tokens and need the commercial
Ascend Access Control (AAC) server to talk to the ACE/SecurID
libraries for authentication. There seem to be some things missing or
not documented in the AAC versus the old free RADIUS.

The online man page which came with AAC mentions the use of DBM
versions of the users file and mentions using the "builddbm" utility,
but this tool and its man page are nonexistent. I cannot find a
radiusd.dbm binary or any switch on the AAC radiusd to use a DBM
file. Is it possible the for cost server doesn't do DBM??

(I've got code which manipulates a user DBM and would really rather
not rewrite to munge a flat text file -- too error-prone. I'm running
on UNIX, not NT, so can't do the AAC ODBC thing).

The AAC manual incidates I can create pseudo users to establish
pre-login banners for the Max. We need a banner with our standard
government-speak warning and it's longer than the little one you can
config on the Max itself. The manual doesn't describe how to do this
-- pseudo-user name, check-items, return-items. The things I've tried
don't work.

Can someone clue me in here?

If I can create a banner pseudouser, can I also create a pseudouser
which returns to the Max the base address of the IP pool it is allowed
to hand out? If so, how?

Many thanks.