Re: (ASCEND) 6.1.24 and DPNSS/DASS2

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Neale Banks wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Jill Bell wrote:
>
> > I have a 4060, a 4000 and a 6000 all now running 6.1.24 Each has 2 PRIs
> > and 64 modems - we have no ISDN calls.

<snip>

> > Does anyone else out there have either
> >
> > a) a similar problem
>
> Maybe.  An e-load of 6.1.24 had been running _very_ happily in a 4000 for
> over a week and then Telstra upgraded the exchange feeding two of the
> PRIs.  The key point seems to have been the resultant re-start of the PRIs
> from their side: they didn't come back :-(
>
> The MAX was showing both PRIs as LA, but no calls were being presented
> (indeed dialing the phone# got a busy or related tone).  Disabling and
> re-enabling the PRIs fixed this.

I had a similar problem over a year ago, with Release 6.0. One of my PoPs
was fed from a Nokia DX200 switch. If I loaded 6.0.x onto one of the
Nokia-fed boxes, I would get LA on the Max, but no calls would be passed
to the Max by the switch, and calling the PoP phone number gave a busy
signal.

However, in this case, resetting the PRIs from the Max end still didn't
fix this.

According to the Ascend EMEA techs who worked on this problem, there was
an issue in the 6.0.x code which was not acting on reset and control
signals from the switch.

This problem was given TR 250267, and fixed in 6.0.8 and 6.1.1.

It may be worth referring the Ascend tech you are working with on this
problem in the direction of this TR, as it may contain some clues about
what's going wrong.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes                                mike@dircon.net