Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: 0.95.3 bugs

Jochen Suckfuell (uad3@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de) wrote:

> - I noticed that sometimes all wooden doors facing south are missing. But I
>   don't know how to reproduce this.

As an additional hint: it says something similar to "can't find
archetype <some-door-archetype-I-don't-remember>"

Also, for some reason you can't enter special characters such as äöüß
into crossfire. It displays them correctly, but doesn't accept them
(in shouts, tells, inscriptions, ...). That's another longstanding,
although minor bug.

Another interesting "feature" which has been around for ages: the game
tells you your own EMail-address when you start the server, which is
kind of pointless. I guess the original idea was that this should be
displayed on the clients so people know who to report bugs to, but has
been superceeded by the motd feature which usually displays this
address. This is just a cosmetic problem and should IMHO be removed
(it doesn't even make much sense if setuid/setgid support is added
to the server, since *players* notice bugs).

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber