Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: 0.95.3 bugs (OR CHEATS)

At 20:21 1999-04-21 +1000, you wrote:
>Christian Stieber on  wrote...
>Their should be three gate passes and two port passes hidden around scorn.
>If you want to cheat you could to a text search on the maps files ;-)

Yea ! You can cheat in this manner but its what made me stop playing
Crossfire
a few years ago. The best guys had cheated.... so I did and the game turned
boring.
I have had Crossfire relapses but I normally knew enough cheats to get it
boring again.

Thank you Valerye Bostan <robo@master.md> for providing a Win32 client....
I have waited for this a long time. Thanx.

Below are some of my Cheats : (Please read no further id you still wanna be
onnest.)

I don't know if theese still work...I played 0.93 or somthing.

1: Money !  Lots of it. OK you need 2 wands, "poison cloud" and "polymorf".
This is best done by another character, and by dropping the wands for a
fresh new character (Priest with 22 (High) in Charisma and >16 in Con)
This fresh character Goes through a Shop (preffrably a Jewl shop), collects
all in shop, and puts all at the entrance. He then goes out and shoots a
POISON BALL in a wall close to himself. Direct hit could be lethal, but the
poison is enough for a slow kill. Enter the shop poisoned and with "pickup
all" you have the shop in your inventory. As you die you get outside WITH
the inventory. One Zap with polymorf and you have bought them. (No longer
Unpaid.)

2. The game of Doubling. There use to be a keyboard button for krashing the
server, on a Sparkstation, Up to the left and unmarked. Well if you know
any whay to crash it this will probably work. You have 2 characters and
givs all to number 1, saves him and dropps all and number 2 picks it up and
saves. Then you crash.
With a draining weapon this can be done with EXP as well. (But its easy to
kill your friend too, and then he is saved as well I think.)

3.Heavy Rod of "Small Fireball"/"Burning hands"/"Ice storm" etc All with
the abilety to kill works when scumming monsters. You warm them up until
they are close to dying, then you "Cast all the magic you can"/"Kill them
by hand" and you get a kill for something you normally couldnt handle. (In
the old days you would get the EXP even if the Rod did all the job.

4. When I played last time I found a Shop in "Pup land" (I think it was
pup-land, you needed a password) where you dont have to buy the shields
created by dropping dragon scales. Dragon scales can easily be found when
killing wyverns and with doubling you can get the power dragon mail, As say
level 2. :)

5. There are streets made for avatars in brest where the EXP is lined up
for you when you have the Avatar.

6. If you get a "artifact weapon" (i.e. Darkblade ) you double it (them) a
few times and then by polymorfing them you will soon have all the "artifact
weapons" lesser than or equal to the originals.

7. I keep to my self. :)

Hope I did not Offend anyone by sending this.

I will play again, because despite theese cheats Crossfire RULES.

// Daniel