Re: CF: Map integration (was Dtabb land)

On Jan 20,  3:50am, James Cameron wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Map integration (was Dtabb land)
> On the problem of having to leave hints for new players as to where to
> go ... perhaps a few robotic NPCs that wander past on the city maps
> clearing going from place to place?

 I don't think it should be much of a problem of newbies figuring out that they
need to go to the tavern to talk to people.

 However, the current converstation model is not the best (since it is a simple
match, the player needs to say something unique to get each message, and
figuring out the exact keywords could be a problem.)  This is back to the
improved scripting language (npc could basically tell the tale no matter what
the pc says in return.)

 My other thought is to get rid of the npc's that say nothing/do nothing.  As a
player, it can be pretty frustrating talking to a bunch of people that are
placed on a map to find out they have nothing to say.  If you find that the
first bunch of people don't say anything, you may not see any reason to talk to
others.  So the improvement in this area is to make the npc's that are out
there either have something or say, or very unfriendly (don't respond when
talked to or something.)

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com