Re: CF: Map integration (was Dtabb land)

[Mark Wedel]

>    My other thought is to get rid of the npc's that say nothing/do
>   nothing.  As a player, it can be pretty frustrating talking to a
>   bunch of people that are placed on a map to find out they have
>   nothing to say.  If you find that the first bunch of people don't
>   say anything, you may not see any reason to talk to others.  So
>   the improvement in this area is to make the npc's that are out
>   there either have something or say, or very unfriendly (don't
>   respond when talked to or something.)

A couple of canned messages for NPC's with no matches would be
helpful.  If he says "Buzz off" or "Go away, you", the player knows
that no interesting conversation can be had.

More versatile magic mouths (ie. with the timeout facility recently
suggested to avoid being spammed by its messages, and perhaps a
possibility to cycle through messages) could help the player home in
on the interesting NPC's.  Ie.  "The men in the corner are having a
heated discussion about a treasure."

Kjetil T.