National Library Week, and Taxes are due.

Greeting,

With that subject line in mind,  I would like to propose an Idea that I
heard on the radio (Sound Money http://money.mpr.org/ ).

A guy called into the show and said that if you donate a new book to
the library, they will give you a receipt, and that your donation is
tax deductible.  (I do not know how it works with old books).

Last week I did a little searching on the on-line catalogs, and the
Technology special collection at the Central Minneapolis library seemed
to have the most books on Linux. However, when I went down there to
look at some of them, they were all checked out (or maybe I was in the
wrong section :-p

I am wondering what the group thinks about donating a book every month?
Also, as new member, I as wondering if the Group had a bank account so
that we could take advantage of the tax deduction.

This would be a good way for the group to gain more resources, gain
perspective members, and help current members.

We could pool money together to start a collection, individuals could
donate books, or recommend books for donations.

I would be willing to coordinate things. For example, I could ask the
library if we could have a label put into the books that we donated.
I.E. Donated by: Twin Cities Linux User Group!
http://tclug.real-time.com

I was also thinking that maybe I could write some publishers, and see
if they would make donations to the library.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for you time,
Steve Paltzer
spaltzer@yahoo.com