Laptop problem

Hello,

I have a Tochiba Satellite 2535CDS laptop.  It is running RH5.2 and the
2.2.5 kernel.  So, the problem is that it will not boot when it is running
on the battery.  Linux runs fine when I use the AC power and it also loads
when the battery is fully charged.  If I try to boot with less than full
power it stops loading at the point where it displays the message "linuxconf
final setup".  It just hangs there.  I'm not shure if it did this with the
2.0.x kernel that I had before, I didn't notice.  Has anyone seen this
before?

Thanks,
Brent