Re: [TCLUG:5414] Laptop problem

Try disabling linuxconf in bootup (it's a massive security hole anyway).
This probably isn't the problem though.  I'd be willing to wager that apmd
is launched right around the same time as linuxconf and your problem is
there.  You probably compiled in apm support into the kernel already, but
you may want to check that out as well.

Peter Lukas