Re: [TCLUG:5668] Please recommend Network cards for RHlinux

#1: just about every PCI network card is supported under linux.. 3com is
my first choice..  anything with a tulip chip is my other choice.

#2: no.. you can have any combination of 2 network cards.. any type,
PCI/ISA, brand, model, etc.. (there may be a conflict.. but it's rare)

#3: use a kernel with ip_masq support (either pre-made with redhat, or
compiled yourself), bring up one interface with the static IP to media
one.. this could be eth0.  then bring up the second one with an ip address
of 192.168.1.1 (eth1).  point the ip_masq rules to that interface.. plug
it into a hub, and the NT into the hub.. and bring up the NT as
192.168.1.2 and a gateway of 192.158.1.1.. your done!

4: this is all basic network configuration.. it doesn't matter what
version of what distro you use.. it will work.

5: i don't know the specifics, but redhat 6 includes a large number of
updates, and bug fixes, and enhancements

check out the "netcfg" tool in redhat..