Please recommend Network cards for RHlinux

I am building a computer for a friend. I will use RH Linux. He uses MediaOne
express cable modem. He wants to network his current Windows NT machine with
this Linux box and use Linux to connect to Internet. Therefore, he wants two
Network cards. He also wants two 10/100M or at least one 10M to MediaOne and
one 100M to his other computers.

My questions:
1.  Which Network Cards do I buy that will work for RH Linux? 3Com and Intel
are good but are 50$ and above. I do not mind buying them, but any cheaper
ones better yet?
2. Dose these two network card have to be the same?
3. How do I set up the two NICs to connect one to MediaOne and the other to
home network? I guess that MediaOne NIC is dynamic IP and the home network
can be a fixed fake IP.

I remember that RH 5.2 will ask for the IP address after it detects the NIC
card.
3. Does RH 5.2 detect two network cards and ask to assign different IP
address?

RH6.0 is coming.
4. Where can I get a copy of RH6? I went to cheapbytes.com. They say
PreOrder.
5. Is it better  than RH5.2?