RE: Re: [TCLUG:5603] RedHat 6 vs Caldera 2.2

Yea haaa! ( after all, i'm from texas...)
more converts....

-----------------
Original Text from ""<tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>

>Hey I am a total newbie to LINUX myself and had no knowledge at all, I had been
>in QBASIC, DOS, then reluctantly had to accept Windows and finally
Windows95.
>At that point I drew the line.  I just got Redhat LINUX 5.2 and installed it all
>by myself.  I had to have help getting the X-Windows program working, but still
>I got the LINUX on and running.  I say, jump in the water try the program and
>give us the benefit of your experience. If it flops, I will be glad to let you
>use my copy of Redhat 5.2 LINUX.  Come on in the water is FINE. *S*
>
>Dan Willenbring wrote:
>
>> I have never run Linux before and would like to install it on an extra HDD I
>> have here.  I have been asking some people about what I should install and
>> they all told me slackware, but it seems you guys aren't big slackware fans?
>> I don't really want to buy anything yet, till I get stuff figured out at
>> least.  So what is the best distro for a newbie, and where can I download
>> the ISO from?  I have no probs with a large download.
>>
>> I setup an apache server on a freeBSD box at work, so I know _some_ stuff,
>> but for the most part I'm clueless :-)  Is setting up a linux box going to
>> be a HUGE challenge for me?
>>
>> Dan Willenbring

Chad Farley
http://www.angelfire.com/ak/cwfarley
http://www.imagineradio.com/mymusiclisten.asp?name=cwf95j
SMILE--IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER AND MAKES OTHERS WONDER WHAT YOU'RE THINKING….