Re: [TCLUG:7261] Assistance

Joel wrote:

> It would seem that you're interested in trying out some financial software. I've
> dabbled with xacc, and I'd strongly recommend scrapping it in favor of
> Moneydance. You'll need the JDK, which you can get from http://www.blackdown.org
> and then you'll need to visit http://seanreilly.com/java/moneydance/

Why would you suggest this?  Is it a matter of features or performance?
What I really want is a Linux port of Quicken -- really a very simple
app.  The other approach I'm considering is to dig out my old DOS
version of Quicken and try it under an emulator.  I did notice that both
gnucash and moneydancy support QIF imports, so that erases any bias I
might have (provided both work!)

> The installation is also fairly straightforward.

I installed it and jdk 1.1.7 v3, set the directory in the script, and no
error messages came up when I ran the script.  However, nothing else of
interest happened either -- including any life in the 'top' window under
any names that made sense.

She turns over, but she won't start -- can someone give me a hint??

Best,

Phil