NFS errors

Hi all,

I just compiled a custom kernel for my server, and now I'm getting this
error message for NFS that I don't understand. I can't find a reference to
it in the man pages. I assume that it's related to my new kernel because
it worked before. Here's what I get when I try to start NFS on my RH6
sytem:

[root@thales /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs start
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS statd:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:
nfssvc: Function not implemented
                                                           [FAILED]

Does anyone know what 'nfsssvc' refers to? Incidentally, I didn't compile
the NFS server into the kernel. I'm using the older, non-kernel-based
system. Any hints?

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your