Re: [TCLUG:7412] Linux sound output

You may want to see what process owns the sound card whenever you launch
Mathematica.  KDE uses a sound manager (kwmsound), so you'll need to see
if it is allowing access from the Mathematica app.  There's probably a
standby or suspend switch for it that you'll need to toggle before
launching Mathematica (or hope the folks at Wolfram want to make it
ksound(or sound daemon)-aware).

Peter Lukas