Re: [TCLUG:7627] RE: tclug-list Digest 15 Aug 1999 08:32:30 -0000 Issue 380

"Trainor, Kevin T." wrote:

> OL 2.2 didn't give me the option of installing LILO to the MBR, but that's
> the fix Caldera had on their support site -it's actually listed as a
> problem with HP Pavilion boxen, but since my CTX has the same symptoms...
> I'm going to take a swing at it and see what happens. Worst comes to
> worst, I can be really crude and just boot up Linux off dev/fd0/.

You know, I had a LILO anomaly with Caldera 2.2 myself a couple of weeks
ago.  My LILO got hosed and the computer wouldn't boot at all, and it
was supposed to be in the MBR.  I switched to Mandrake, reinstalled LILO
and everything's been wonderful since, but it makes me wonder if Caldera
has all their LILO ducks in a row.

Phil Mendelsohn