Re: [TCLUG:7666] Multias and such

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Robert Sinland wrote:

>     On another note, well I had the guy on the phone I also ordered
> a basic PIA.  For $199 I figured I could live with any risk involved.
> Was just wondering if any of you had any thoughts on that machine.
> Seems like too good a deal to be true at that price :)

Will you keep the list informed on this one? I have a friend with an
ancient 486 running Windows95. She'd like to do the whole mp3 thing and
actually *use* her computer. I've considered helping her upgrade it: new
motherboard, processor, RAM, Hard Drive, etc, but if she could get a full
system for =< $300, that might just be the way to go...

Luke