Software Development for Linux

I work for a small engineering company as a software developer.  We are
currently using Windows NT for just about everything, but the more Microsoft
we use, the more Microsoft we don't want to use.  I have convinced my boss
to let me gradually convert our web, e-mail, file, and telephony servers
over to Linux boxes, and that made me pretty happy.  What I am wondering is
if there are any good visual development tools for Linux, so we can convert
our workstations, and more importantly, our product, over to Linux as well.

We use Visual Basic and Borland C++ Builder at the moment.  Re-writing
everything in C++ so it works with Linux would be possible, but I need to
show my boss some visual development tools first, similar to C++ Builder.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Willenbring