Re: [TCLUG:7878] Software Development for Linux

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Dan Willenbring wrote:

> I work for a small engineering company as a software developer.
> We are currently using Windows NT for just about everything, but
> the more Microsoft we use, the more Microsoft we don't want to
> use.  I have convinced my boss to let me gradually convert our
> web, e-mail, file, and telephony servers over to Linux boxes, and
> that made me pretty happy.  What I am wondering is if there are
> any good visual development tools for Linux, so we can convert our
> workstations, and more importantly, our product, over to Linux as
> well.
>
> We use Visual Basic and Borland C++ Builder at the moment.
> Re-writing everything in C++ so it works with Linux would be
> possible, but I need to show my boss some visual development tools
> first, similar to C++ Builder.

Also, try the wxWindows toolkit.  It'll allow for a much easier
cross-platform application of your code.  Go to:

	http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html