Re: [TCLUG:10874] scsi confusion

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Colin Kilbane wrote:

> There are three connectors on the board, standard 50 pin, 68
> pin wide scsi connector and 60 pin ultra 2 scsi connector.

I'm not familiar with this motherboard. Are you sure there are three
separate SCSI channels on this mb, or are they exclusive of each other?

> I gave it a try on another computer, identical scsi controler on the single
> processor version of the motherboard,  and it didn't halt the system.

Someone else, before I started seeing your name on the list, had a similar
problem -- SCSI death on an SMP system. I don't remember if it was the
same SCSI controller or not, though.

What kernel are you running?

> The only thing I am confused about is one bank of
> jumpers.  It states that the drive can specify terminator power from the
> drive, from the scsi bus, to the scsi bus, and to the scsi bus and the
> drive.  which one should it be on?

wooo. My guess would be terminator power from the drive. Try 'em all.

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/