Re: [TCLUG:11331] excessive modem questions

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 06:41:31AM -0600, Ben Kochie wrote:
> of course my only recomendation is USR (3com).  I personaly recomend
> external modems, but that's just me

	A concrete reason to want an external modem is all the pretty
lights.  They make diagnosing some odd problem with connecting somewhere
much easier.  A good set of modem lights will also tell you when the
pause your seeing is because of the Internet or line noise.

	Lastly, because of their complicated firmware, sometimes modems
'crash', and the only way to reset them is to toggle power on the modem.
That's pretty hard to do with an internal modem.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature