Re: [TCLUG:4133] Soundcard IRQ Problem

>         I noticed there don't seem to be any drivers for Creative Labs video
> cards either.  Or is that likely to change now too?

Well, supposedly, this will change.  Some Creative cards are _supposed_
to work.  The 3D Blaster is one (IIRC).  It was based on the Permedia 2
chipset, or something, and that is now supported in XFree86.  My brother
had one, but couldn't get it to work.  He ended up buying a card from
some German company that had the same chipset (I don't know _why_), and
that one worked.

I have one of the Creative Labs 8MB VooDoo2 cards.  Works great.

>         I have a CL Banshee AGP card, and much to my disappointment, it
> doesn't work so great with my new RH configuration.  The fact that I'm using
> the 2.0.36 kernel, and don't know what I'm doing probably doesn't help
> either. :P

I'm afraid I don't know much about the Banshee..

>         BTW, in RH 5.2 I can't get my control panel to open.  I get an error
> about not able to reach depth of something like that.  Sound familiar to
> anyone?

Sounds like you're only running in 4-bit color (16 colors).  The RedHat
control-panel uses  pixmaps that seem to require 256 colors.  Kind of a
silly thing for them to do, really.  You should still be able to start
the programs that get launched from control-panel from the command
line..

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.1