Reading Joliet CD-ROMs

I have a CD-ROM which was burned on a Windows 95 machine using Adaptec's
Easy CD Creator Deluxe (some fairly recent version).  When I try to
mount that CD on my Linux box (straight Slackware 4.0.0 installation),
some of the files and directories don't show up.  For instance there is
a directory named _no_value_ that simply isn't listed in it's parent
directory.  It does show up under Windows.

I have the Joliet extension compiled into my kernel as well as natural
language support (as modules).  I've tried loading just the iso8859-1
module as well as all NLS modules, but I still can't see the directory.
Any ideas as to how to make this things magically appear?

Eric