Re: [TCLUG:6915] relocating RedHat KDE RPMs -- UPDATE

>Hi
>    I do not use KDE coming with RH6.0 now, casue my system is too slow to
>use KDE under RH 6.0. So the following may not be correct.
>    About the library, you should add something like  /opt/kde/lib
>in the file /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig.
>    Also, for KDE, there is some environment variable like KDEDIR, you
>should setup it. Redhat may put some file like kde.sh or kde.csh in your
>/etc/profile.d, you should look at it and modify it to fit your situation.
>Hope this will help you.

I did add /opt/kde/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf, ran ldconfig, fiddled with the kde.*
scripts in /etc/profile.d/, and KDEDIR gets set in my .cshrc. Setting KDELIB
didn't help either.

Good ideas, but they didn't work. Sorry I didn't mention that I tried all those
things in my original post.

I have now reinstalled all the RPMs from ftp.us.kde.org, and despite their
recommendation that those RPMs not be used with RH 6.0, things are working
beautifully now.

Cheers,

Joel

Joel A. Koepp			School: University of Minnesota
77 Bedford St. SE, Apt. 2	Email:	jkoepp@gustavus.edu
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3553	Web:	http://www.gustavus.edu/~jkoepp
Tel. 612.378.4812		Work:	Hennepin County Environ. Services