Re: [TCLUG:7088] configuring two network devices

> Gabe, can you give me a price range on DSL service? I'm curious because
> here in Wausau my isp charges $35 for the service and then you have to
> pay GTE another $35 or so for their part of the service. So it ends up
> being about $80 a month, which seems absurdly high to me. I think
> I remember hearing about places that offer it for $25 or so a month in
> Minneapolis, but I could be wrong.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hans

It's probably so expensive because you're out in the boonies :)  Prices are
pretty good down here, as I'm sure many on the list would say.  I pay $30
per month to USWest for the line and $20 a month to Sound INternet as my
ISP.  So $50 a month.  Not too bad in my opinion.  Of course you've also got
$150 - $200 in setup fees and equipment, initially.

Gabe

Gabe Turner <gabe@cs.umn.edu>                    U of MN Csci/IT Systems Staff

"Oooo-eee-oooo, Killer Tofu!"  -The Beets "Killer Tofu"