Re: [TCLUG:7222] Download freezes

At 12:13 PM 7/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm trying to download Oracle 8i from the Oracle website - luckily I'm
>doing it over a T1.  Problem is it seems to die every time it gets to
>about 10-20 MB.  I use gFTP or Netscape which may be where the problem
>lies but I can't tell.

I have had problems with gFTP, but not with netscape (though I don't do
much downloading with it). You may want to install the latest version of
ncFTP. It's console based but has filename completion and transfer resume.
I use it all the time and have never had trouble with it. If it dies with
ncFTP the problem is probably not your FTP client. You will, however, be
able to resume the file transfer where you left off.

Hans