Re: [TCLUG:6233] Builing A System

Ive used the Epox motherboards without trouble.  They have very nice
configurations and the socket 7 that i got worked with UDMA and the 2.2
kernel.  Its an overall nice fast and stable board.  Theres an NT box in
the next room with impressive uptimes (anything over 20 days i think is
amazing for nt) with an Epox board.  I also use a segate medalist pro hard
drive, very nice drive.  SCSI-like performance on the IDE bus.   I shall
warn you though, get a drive cooler if you go for the higher RPM drives.
Same goes for the newer video cards.  Ditch the passive heatsinks and
throw some real fans on them.  Cooling will be your biggest problem.

Scott