Re: [TCLUG:4777] Can This Be Done?

fetchmail can retrieve all e-mail from one account and put it in a users
inbox -- I think it must be run as root to do this.

Have /root/.fetchmailrc be:

poll pop.isp.com proto pop3 user username1 pass password is email1
poll pop.isp2.com proto pop3 user username2 pass password is soneonelese

Then just call fetchmail (fetchamail -a -d 300) from /etc/ppp/if-up
and fetchmail -q from /etc/ppp/ip-down

For imap, redhat has an imapd program by default but it is insecure and I
think I had other problems with it -- I've compiled IMAP4rev1 to have the
inbox at /var/spool/mail/$username whereas the default was ~/mail or
something like that. If you want it, e-mail me.

I did a similar setup for a small company, so e-mail me if you have any
questions.