Re: [TCLUG:4836] Video for Linux

I have no experience with the hardware that you've got. I tried to find a
capture solution about 6 months ago and as best I am able to recall there's a
linux driver for the Matrox Meteor frame grabber. I think it was being used in
medical imaging and security applications. I also found a person who's in the
early stages of writing an interface for firewire
(http://eclipt.uni-klu.ac.at/ieee1394/). Here's a link for an IEEE-1394 serial
bus (http://www.adaptec.com/products/solutions/1394.html).

I know that's not exactly what you're looking for. My past searches failed to
find a linux solution for digital video production. It seems obvious that it'll
happen but when? I hate to admit it but my partner and I purchased a G3 with
firewire. If I go out a rake a few lawns, I might be able to get a digital
camera and then bota-boom, bota-bing.

If you need 3D Animation check out Blender. It's the bomb! (www.blender.nl).
Also there's a guy somewhere around here who's selling used SGI systems. I
thought about buying one of those and still might, how many lawns could a linux
user rake, if a linux user could rake? I could look up the link if you're
interested.

Good luck and if you find any interesting solutions, please them on.

ron parker

Eleven days until DSL. tick-tock