Re: [TCLUG:5718] initscripts-1.78-1.MS0

Actually, if you'd read the notes for that particular package, you'd
notice that it is needed by the linux_logo package.  "linux_logo" contains
its own mods to /etc/issue for a nice looking login prompt.  Also, using
ctrl+alt+f<x> (x being 1-7), you'd be able to change to the next vitrual
console.  This too can be undone by looking at /etc/inittab (also part of
this package).  The package didn't break your system, it just turned VC1
into a logging terminal, VC6 into a login terminal and left all others
disabled (for security purposes).

Peter Lukas