Re: [TCLUG:9571] External CDR Help

>Hold on a sec. you mentioned parallel port?!
        MicroSolutions has a CDR version of their Backpack portable
CD-drive. never used one, tho.

        we use Backpack CD-ROM drives here at work all the time. they're a
lifesaver for working with laptop computers; and desktop systems that have
balky/broken/no CD-drive. nothing else like them on the market.
        Backpacks are a wonderful bit of technology... when they work. like
most portable electronics; they tend to break eventually. there are some
real design problems that I've seen. like what's the point of having a 32x
CD-drive; when you can only send 1200Kbps through the parallel port??
spin up
spin down
spin up
spin down
spin up
spin down
computer times out reading data
try to spin up
not reading drive d:
[A]bort [R]etry [F]ail [I]ntimidate with bigger hammer?

I would like to know how well it burns CDs, considering the small data pipe.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091