IBM Hard Disks

Greetings to all,

I have a few questions about IBM IDE hard disks for those of you who
have owned/used them:

Are they reliable?
Are they quiet (compared to others)?

I have owned Seagate, Conner, Western Digital, Maxtor, and Fujitsu
drives, but never an IBM, so I want to know if they have a reputation.
While I'm asking, any recommendations for larger (17+ GB), inexpensive
hard disks? I'd like SCSI, but I can't go too far above $150 (budget)
and I want lots of space, so SCSI is right out. :-(

I would appreciate any informational answers, and thank you in advance,

Troy