Question: mailbox format under Mutt

I use a PC for email/web browsing/newgroups, scanning/image editing, and
perl. I have a dual-boot system with Windows 98 and Redhat 6. I still use
Windows by default because of a few remaining skills I lack in Linux.

One relates to email and reading this list(the digest), as well as other
mail. I'm using Mutt, and browsing new mail gives me the "folder is not a
mailbox" error.

I've been reading about mail spools and mailbox formats, and the Mutt
documentation. So far it's not clicked for me yet...how to set up a valid
mailbox under Mutt. I've got fetchmail, procmail, and sSMTP working OK, and
got a little manual fatigued at that point.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Perhaps a part of the Mutt
documentation I should be reading.

Thanks,

Chris Gregerson
c.gregerson@usinternet.com