Boot Hangs

I am trying to install Debian 2.1.  My system hangs after writing the following messages to the screen.  I have tried every BIOS, hardware and bootprompt I can think of.  Can anyone help me or does anyone know if it is hanging in the SCSI initialization or if it has completes SCSI and is hanging on the next device?

I reviewed the specs on my American Portwell ROBO-578 single board computer (SBC) http://www.americanportwell.com/ which has an on board Intel 82558 10/100 BaseT ethernet device.  I thought that might be the problem so I disabled it but that didn't help.  I am stumped on this one.

(scsi0)<Adaptec AIC-7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 6/0
(scsi0) Wide Channel, SCSI ID=7, 16/255 SCBs
(scsi0) Downloading sequencr code... 419 instructions downloaded