Re: [TCLUG:8080] Lotus Notes ported to Linux

"Schoenhofen, Kelly" wrote:
> I still don't see Linux as an enterprise server. Why would you pick Linux
> over HPUX, for instance? Enterprise tools (the best volume management tools,
> for instance) aren't typically ported to Linux. They belong to the
> HPUX/Solaris crowd.

This is unfortunate, but I think it will probably change in the near
future with 2 journaling files systems porting to Linux. In the short
term, though, it might not be for you.

> Finally, every "plus" mentioned doesn't equate in the short term to an
> established large shop :(

Does it equate in the long term, or cannot an established large shop
afford to consider the long term? ;-)

> Linux is about the users, not about the
> administrators, IMO.

I don't think you are correct here, but I'm not in your situation. Keep
your finger on the pulse, trust your judgement, and have a happy day.

Troy