what about that Cisco 675, anyway?

Okay, now that we're all talking about DSL, here's my beef. Why is it that
I can only get into my router from windows? I've spent hours with my
serial port plugged into the Cisco's management port trying to cu out to
that port, playing with stty and setserial, even trying minicom, bit to no
avail. Oddly, all I have to do is boot windows and use any telnet app that
can connect to a COM port, and I get a login prompt from it. As I am
trying to find reasons to *not* boot into ... that OS, this *should* be
possible under Linux, no?

Secondly, some of you may know that the Cisco 675 is not *specifically* a
Cisco product. It was originally the NetSpeed SpeedRunner 204, until Cisco
bought the company. Sadly, mine _says_ Cisco on it, but still contains
NetSpeed's firmware, nsos. Should I/Can I upgrade this thing to cbos or
whatever Cisco would use for it? Better to to play with it, I suppose...

Dan Debertin
katdan@mninter.net