Re: [TCLUG:8252] Port forwarding: ssh/ipchains

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 03:28:31PM -0500, Allie Micka (allie@visi.com) wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy reply.  I was hoping to find a little more information
> about using the  port forwarding features with the ssh -L and -R options as
> compared to port forwarding with ipchains.

Oh, now I see what you're saying.  I don't have any experience
with the -L and -R options for ssh.  You could always try it to
see if it'll work.  Perhaps someone else on the list has tried this?

> I suspect that this is more for forwarding ports on remote systems and such,
> but wanted more information.  Since I am just doing nonroutable-->outside
> mappings, should i just use ipchains and forget the whole thing?

Well, ipchains and portforwarding will work.  I don't know if -L and -R
ssh options will work.

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500