Re: [TCLUG:8266] SMB mounting: a Campus view

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Kevin Bullock wrote:

> heard of the drive-mounting capability in Samba (smbmount -- what version
> added that in? I was surprised).
Bingo. it isn't. Its a userspace compliment to the kernel.  Smbclient is a
seprate app too.

> So my main question is this: Is there anything left that could screw with
> NT's head and cause similar problems, or am I safe to mount my home
> directory again?

Dont enable wins server.  Dont make your election values super high.
Really, the election stuff bit you.  BUT, this also means that they dont
really have a PDC because it *SHOULD* have taken priority over yours
because the boxen *should* of had the DOMAIN selected... well. if they are
NT boxen. :P

Luckly the school I go to *knows* how to do this stuff. (University of
MN-TC) Very router/switch dependent.  Lots of subnetting.  Its *sweet*.

Good luck!

___
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> 612.301.0265
Ringworld Associates (http://www.ringworld.org/)

"Anyone who has had a bull by the tail knows five or six more things
	than someone who hasn't."
                -- Mark Twain