JetDirect revisited

What back last year, I asked about JetDirect support under Linux. See

	http://archives.real-time.com/tclug-list/Attic/All/msg01284.html

For details. Well, we just got a new printer with a built in Ethernet
interface and I have done the same /etc/printcap that worked on the JetDirect
card:

laserjet:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=myprinter.real-time.com:\
        :rp=raw:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

First problem is that a banner page is printed after each print job. Even
though I have the :sh: attribute true to surpress the banner. Anything else I
need to do to stop the banner?

Second problem is we have grown and the printer is a busy, I have all the
computers printing directly to the printer, is the printer smart enough to
process 1 job at a time?

I tried to make all the computers print to a printer server which prints to
the printer, but I do not think Linux likes a remote printer printing to a
remote printer (PC1->print->PC->print->Printer).

This is an HP LaserJet 2100. Any would would be great.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700