Re: [TCLUG:15483] One more thing on Faeriedist...

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 08:18:12AM -0500, Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:

> >> First, a question about this distro: What/who's it for? Gurus who want
> >> something to play around with? End users who don't want to deal with
> >> system internals? Somewhere in between? I get the sense (from the
>
> >>From discussing this with Chris, I get the impression that the target
> >>audience is himself.  His goal is to produce a distro that HE likes.
>
> Yeah, and it just so happens that it's gonna be a distro that fits what
> I like, too.  And many other users, likely to be the Slackware/Debian crowd.

I think you misunderstand me.  I in now way was implying that this was a
BAD thing.  Since Chris started talking about this in IRC yesterday I've
been in several discussions concerning what would be "correct" vs "broken"
or what would be the "right" way to build this distro.  My point is since
Chris, and you, are building this distro essentially to please yourselves
it doesn't MATTER whether or not it is politically correct.

> >> And good name too!
>
> >And I'm going to have to disagree with you yet again.  The name sucks.
>
> Thanks, we like Faeriedist too.  Ben's just upset that he couldn't come up
> with a name that cool.  I haven't noticed any suggestions coming from him,
> so he's probably realized the superiority already.  :)

Ok... I had been fighting with NSI all day.  I was in a bad mood.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
	-- The Matrix